TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)
TheSecondSIF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll Call! Re-introduce ourselves!

3 posters

Go down

Roll Call! Re-introduce ourselves! Empty Roll Call! Re-introduce ourselves!

Post  Owen Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:08 pm

I know we're all rather busy, and seldom use here anymore, so I thought a 'roll call' (I think it is called?) or to re-introduce ourselves if we are still using the site might be good...

We already know me, I'm Owen and I'm nearly 26 years old, I'm Ex-SI, and possibly still Eating disordered, but I'm working on my confidence and trying to be pro-health rather than pro-bones with myself.... so we can see how that goes!

Other than that, I'm a full-time university student doing a Ba Hons in 'Health and social care' (Such as End-of-life care and counselling) and Criminology (Subjects include things like: Social Justice, Criminal Justice, Social policy, Crime Control, etc.)

More introduction, I have cats, I am a "cat person" out of the Dog or Cat debates, and I'm very introverted in person, classed as a 'selective-mute'; it took me nearly a year to speak out loud to friends I had made in person, and I still can't talk to them unless I'm inside their house lol (So in bars we go to I use my tablet to type onto for my conversational input lol, same at uni too)

Other than that, I'm just very introverted in person, very neutral, open-minded, I like to help others with personal problems they think are a problem, rather than babying people (Eg. if someone said to lose weight, I'd go straight into asking if they want help with diet or exercise, when society usually says the "but you're not fat!" type card, when they might be doing it for health, not aesthetics, and they deserve to look how they wish anyway, etc etc etc)

And lastly I'm a married gay, so never will need any sexual anythings from anyone as the relationship/love life/romance side of my life is entirely sorted out, and sexual forwardness can intimidate me so I like to avoid it lol

So how is and who is everyone else who uses this forum? Albeit seldom uses it but still lol might as well refresh some of the pages in case we use it more in future

hihello ooo lollollol hugg lollollol ooo hihello

Last edited by Owen on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Writing font was way too large!)
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

https://sifriends.forum.co.ee

Back to top Go down

Roll Call! Re-introduce ourselves! Empty Re: Roll Call! Re-introduce ourselves!

Post  Nepenthe Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 am

Hello, Owen. I've been thinking about this forum lately. I know that hardly anyone uses it anymore, but I'm back...unfortunately...

Back to the drawing board. This should have been over by now...Oh well.

But I don't want to trip over this too badly. Hell, even if it's just you and I here for awhile, who cares Lol. I'll post a little more about me when I am less inebriated. Cheers to you.
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post  Revenant Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 am

I have not been active in a long time, and I don't know if there are still people here or not.

I'm Travis. I'm 31, from Colorado (United States). I'm in remission from Anorexia Nervosa. Been recovered at a healthy weight for quite some time now. Still struggling with self-harm, PTSD, DDNOS, and dysthymia/refractory depression with psychotic features. I cope pretty well now, though. These problems are better controlled than they used to be, and, though I still struggle, I'm doing a hell of a lot better than I once was. I'm also a borderline alcoholic in recovery, and I'm over a decade clean of methamphetamines.

I'm married to a really great guy who has been with me through a lot of shit. We have a D/s relationship, within which we do some fairly heavy corporal stuff. I'm an experienced masochist. I'm very happy to explain the difference between hurt and harm, if you'd like.

I have a physical disability (injury), as well as mental health problems, so I don't work. I've been on disability for a few years now. I don't like it, but I've adjusted. I have hobbies, and I see friends sometimes.

I used to tend bar for a living, and I used to be into alcohol culture. I still remember quite a few drink recipes. I also really like to cook and bake. I'm quite the little househusband, haha. Wink

I'm into philosophy these days, especially existentialism and absurdism. I'm blunt (sometimes pretty filthy, tbh), but I mean well, and I try my best to be gentle. I prize gentleness.

ETA: I'm an abuse survivor, and I know a bit about toxic relationships. If you need support there, hmu.
Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nepenthe Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey, Travis, it's nice to hear from you again and it's also nice to know that you're coping well. I know the forum isn't really active anymore, so I'm just wishing everybody the best. I too still struggle daily, especially the past year, with self harm, depression, severe anxiety and borderline alcoholism. To this day it's still a struggle, but I manage.

I also see you like to cook and bake. I do my share of that as well, especially cooking. Definitely one of my favorite hobbies. It's always nice to see what other people come up with.

I actually just recently reconnected with someone else from the forum. It felt nice catching up. So if you need to talk, I'm always available.

Take care.
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down