TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)
TheSecondSIF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions needed?

+5
shanster
VioletQaia
ImTrappedSaveMe
analaine
Owen
9 posters

Go down

Opinions needed? Empty Opinions needed?

Post  Owen Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:22 pm

I was thinking of adding some forum parts...

mainly a small eating disorder section for ED vents and things as the last site was non-ED talk and we had to go to different sites to vent ect... it will only be small tho and not too amazing... just a small thingy really I dunno... that we keep seperate and stuff from SI related stuff...

and A "Competitions" thing too... we can have ermmm a forum part where we have competitions once a month or something... "best painting" and "best poem" and ect ect... write/draw it... PM to a Mod/admin/me/staff members... then we post it in the comp thread for that month and people decide which they like best... "entry 5 was the best poem" for example... then we reveal "Entry 5 is JaneDoe, congrats!" type thingy ect... (shoutout for my Owner JaneDoe lol)

good ideas? or am I just going toooooo much with forum and we should leave it as it is type thing?

I don't want to add loads and loads of stuff and never use it or cause problems and I'm kindof new at this so thought opinions needed for my dumb ideas hahaha cohi gah so tired today lol

ok so opinions please Razz
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

https://sifriends.forum.co.ee

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed? Empty Re: Opinions needed?

Post  analaine Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:50 pm

I think they're good ideas GDM. So may peopl have ED's, and I think a lot of times they closely tie in with self harm. So, in my opinion, I think having a small section just to talk about them a little is a great idea.

As for the competitions section, I think that's a good idea, too. It would be fun, and, who doesn't like to be competitor or judge? ^_^ Just one question though, are people who submitted allowed to vote? I guess you'd have to write a set of rules for it. Wink

Well, have a great day and good luck deciding! Smile

XXX
seren

analaine

http://empty-prose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 pm

serenaly wrote:I think they're good ideas GDM. So may peopl have ED's, and I think a lot of times they closely tie in with self harm. So, in my opinion, I think having a small section just to talk about them a little is a great idea.

As for the competitions section, I think that's a good idea, too. It would be fun, and, who doesn't like to be competitor or judge? ^_^ Just one question though, are people who submitted allowed to vote? I guess you'd have to write a set of rules for it. Wink

XXX
seren

thx Seren Razz I'll look into making the ED one later on... and for competitions I'll write some rules or something... I'll say you shouldn't vote for your own work... but can vote for someone else if you like I dunno... We'll know if you voted for your own tuff technically lol Razz
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  ImTrappedSaveMe Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:18 pm

GenderDisphoriaMuch wrote:
serenaly wrote:I think they're good ideas GDM. So may peopl have ED's, and I think a lot of times they closely tie in with self harm. So, in my opinion, I think having a small section just to talk about them a little is a great idea.

XXX
seren

thx Seren Razz I'll look into making the ED one later on... and for competitions I'll write some rules or something... I'll say you shouldn't vote for your own work... but can vote for someone else if you like I dunno... We'll know if you voted for your own tuff technically lol Razz

I agree with everything Seren said. thx

ImTrappedSaveMe

Back to top Go down

Post  VioletQaia Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I think the idea for an ED section is amazing! And the competition is also a really good idea. Good thinking, GDM!
VioletQaia
VioletQaia

Back to top Go down

Post  shanster Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:05 am

I think both ideas are fab! Usually people have to do their vents about ED-related things in "other si stuff" or in their journals, so I think having a proper section for it would be great.

I also love the idea of competitions! It would be a positive thing for people to focus on, and who doesn't love the chance to get creative and take part in friendly competitions? (: xox
shanster
shanster
Banana
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post  janedoe Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 am

yay! i was mentioned Smile
janedoe
janedoe
GDM's Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Revenant Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:29 am

I feel like an ED section would be a great idea. I'm in wobbly recovery from mine, but there are times when it would be nice to have somewhere to rant, or ask/give advice.

Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed? Empty DIFFERENT OPINION NEEDED!

Post  Owen Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Ermmm... debate section?

to debate stuff... but keep it frendly! lol don't want us all arguing... we just debating...

can be things such as "is Thinsperation triggering?" (this is where the debate section come from lol)

or we can have "is SI actually addictive?" and so on ect ect....

maybe it will be TERRIBLE idea as we'd start to fight and hate each others opinions maybe... so...

OPINIONS PLEASE!

thx
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  janedoe Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:19 am

Thats not a bad idea, I used to love debating! Could think of plenty of topics too

a. Do you believe in counting days you have been si free? I have noticed a new idea that this can be damaging especially when you have a slip up. Plus I think that its easier to reach 10days when its not on your mind constantly!
b. The pros and cons of medication usage in the treatment of self harm
janedoe
janedoe
GDM's Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulKnife Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 am

Maybe debate rhymes with hate for a reason Razz I'm an idealist...don't get me started...lol.
SoulKnife
SoulKnife

Back to top Go down

Post  analaine Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

I think it's a good idea GenderDisphoriaMuch (I just felt like writing out your whole name?). I doubt we'd all end up hating each other. We would just have civil disagreements. :)

All in all, debates are fun, and I need someone to debate with other than my dad and sister. lol they always end up winning. . . :/

So, please have a debate section! Either way works, though. :) Thank you for reading this. :)

xxx
seren

analaine

http://empty-prose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mim Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:59 am

I think a debate section would be a good idea. It could easily be regulated with a few simple rules, such as forbidding ad hominem attacks.

Soul Knife, reasoned debate isn't the same thing as idealistic arguing. It is an exchange of point and counterpoint, conducted for intellectual exercise. If you tend to become too emotional when in a disagreement with another, I suggest debate would be good for your intellectual and emotional health. If nothing else, it will help you separate your heart from your head...wisdom every person is better off for having.
Mim
Mim

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:02 am

debating section done... it's inside let's play section... with some general rules :S couldn't think much so wrote a quick thingy...

anyhow... enjoy and keep it friendly!
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum