TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)
TheSecondSIF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend

+2
Owen
Harlequin
6 posters

Go down

Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend Empty Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend

Post  Harlequin Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:31 am

Hello, and welcome to my roll call contribution. I know this isn't required, but courtesy is a good way to start, I think.

I'm curious; I've never been a part of a self-harm group before, and this one looks nice and small--not cliquey, or slowly suffocating under the weight of its own drama.

I don't like drama. I have Schizoid Personality Disorder, so it would be true for me to say I don't even understand the point, let alone sympathize with it. I also have chronic MDD, and obviously I self-harm. The combination means that online interaction is about all I can stand right now, and even this is an experiment.

Like most Schizoids, intellectualism is my interface with the world, because I lack the ability to interact emotionally, or feel much of anything. When I have spare time, I read, and do research. I'm a bit of a weirdo, I think. Don't ask me a question you don't want answered. Wink
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend Empty Re: Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend

Post  Owen Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:05 am

welc2 to SIF2!!! You remind me of P*O*M an old member on SIF1... I miss him Sad

I hope you like it here and feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the site... I will try to help but I am not too good at it Neutral

See you around *hugs* cohi GDM
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

https://sifriends.forum.co.ee

Back to top Go down

Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend Empty Re: Just dropped by to have a cup of coffee, friend

Post  Harlequin Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:10 am

Thank you for the welcome.

I may have questions, and if I do, I'll be sure to ask. I appreciate that offer. Since the forum belongs to you, I don't think you have to worry about being any good at it. Smile

What became of the first forum?
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aliyah16 Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:04 am

Hello Harlequin! Welcome to SIF2!!! I really think you'll like it here. Smile

SIF1 was closed down by the owner, D1, on September 1st. There were several friends sites for different issues (Eating disorders, recovery) and in late August D1 posted a message in all of them saying they were being closed. O one knows why, though. She didn't say.

I hope to see you around and that you find a home here.

-
Aly
Aliyah16
Aliyah16

Back to top Go down

Post  VioletQaia Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Heya Harlequin! Welcome to SIF2!!!
welc4
VioletQaia
VioletQaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlequin Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Aliyah16 wrote:Hello Harlequin! Welcome to SIF2!!! I really think you'll like it here. Smile

SIF1 was closed down by the owner, D1, on September 1st. There were several friends sites for different issues (Eating disorders, recovery) and in late August D1 posted a message in all of them saying they were being closed. O one knows why, though. She didn't say.

I hope to see you around and that you find a home here.

-
Aly

Ah, I see. So I missed the old forum by less than a month. That also explains the rapport I sense among some of the members here, as well as the mentions I've seen of the facebook group. Now I understand. Thank you.
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Harlequin wrote:

Ah, I see. So I missed the old forum by less than a month. That also explains the rapport I sense among some of the members here, as well as the mentions I've seen of the facebook group. Now I understand. Thank you.

if you want adding to the facebook group just add my facebook genderdisphoriamuch@hotmail.com
and I'll add you to it and ect Razz

it's a private facebook group so only people on the group can see status's and inside it ect... and my facebook is about 90%-95% SIF Users added as friends (afew random people from gay pride or people i know about the world too but mostly my friends list consists of SIF people)

the old forum was alot better than this one because it was open I think for 7 years and had thousands of threads and hundreds of members... I'm happy quite a lot of us moved over to here before it fully closed down... I think we had 7 days to do as much as we could and we had work and obvious scheduals offline to so it was hard Neutral

Thanks to the facebook group it made it a lot easier to because a lot of us were and are on it way before the site closed Very Happy

Thanks for the PM too with the thingys on... I'm going to try and find a place to put them here so people can copy and paste them and stuff and use them if they want to, is that ok? I don't mind and stuff if it's not ect...

ok see you about and whiles I'm here welcome again lol!
Owen
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

https://sifriends.forum.co.ee

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlequin Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 am

Hm...okay, I'll bite. If it's all the same to everyone, I may build a separate Facebook page for this; the one I currently have is primarily for work and family purposes, so I'd like to keep that separated if I can. My family is not the most friendly and wonderful group of quasi-adults you are ever likely to meet, to put it delicately.

By all means, please do post copies of those worksheets, and let everyone here avail themselves. My therapist gave them to me from somewhere else, maybe a workbook, or something shared from a colleague.

This forum is in its infancy. To me, that's not only fine, it's a good thing. The newness, and the small membership, were what drew me here. For what that's worth.
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post  Revenant Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Welcome to SIF! Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm Travis.

Thank you for the worksheets! Those are great. I copied them to my word processor, and have used them a couple times already. Writing is a useful tool for expressing difficult thoughts, I think.

See you around.
Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Post  AmbeyAtashi Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but welcome. I've read some of your posts and find you interesting. I understand not wanting to interact with people... I myself am quite the awkward person. So, er, hello. ^_^ I hope you like it here.
AmbeyAtashi
AmbeyAtashi

http://ambeyatashi.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum