TheSecondSIF
Welcome to SI Friends (2), a support group of friends that are as close as family, (SI Friends No.2 has been available since 2011)

Thought I'd introduce myself properly...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thought I'd introduce myself properly...

Post  OneAlone on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, I've been posting on here a while now and I was a member of the original SI friends for about a year before it shut down, but I've never actually introduced myself, so here goes.

I don't want to release my name, it's not particularly common and I'm a bit paranoid about someone finding me on here, and this place is amazing in that I can be myself without fearing repercussions from people around me. I don't want to jeopardize that by losing my anonymity. I hope that's ok.

I've finished school, and will be heading off to university to study natural sciences (mainly biology) in three weeks time. I'm pretty excited, but scared too - the university I'm going to is quite academic and there'll be a lot of pressure to do well all the time, which probably won't be the best atmosphere in which to try and get my SI under control, but there's not much I can do about that. On the bright side, I'll be leaving home, which has got to help.

When and why did I start SI? I'm not sure I know. My friend died when I was 14, and I don't think I dealt with it very well. I was getting a hard time from the kids in my year (I'm the quiet, straight-A type, not 'cool' or 'popular', bit of a loner really) and because my friend was in a different school, I was able to pretend it hadn't happened, because with everything else that was going on I just couldn't cope. I got really down, and avoided everyone. I remember crying a lot but I've blocked most of that year out, so I don't remember much else. Somewhere in the midst of it, I started to SI, and I think that probably helped me recover from the depression. Now, 4 years on, I'm still SI-ing to keep my life under control.

Well, that's me. If you want to talk (particularly if you've lost a friend and want to talk about it) please PM me. I love this site so much - I can talk about SI without worrying about being judged or if someone will tell other people I know.

Thanks to everyone here for being so amazing. Take care,

J xx

OneAlone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thought I'd introduce myself properly...

Post  VioletQaia on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:35 am

Hey OneAlone! welc4 officially to SIF2!!
VioletQaia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BriarRose on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:37 am

Hey!

Like you, I was the straight A kid, not popular. I gain popularity by getting teachers to change the assigned reading from Great Expectations (yuck) to Of Mice and Men (which half of the class had read the year before in our 8th grade english class lol... oh and we had papers from that class). I'm sorry to hear about your friend, losing my closest friend would for sure sent me into a, idk what. Hell.

Anyways, sorry for rambling. 112 to SIF2

My inbox is always open to anyone who wants to talk. Smile And I mean it!

~Jess~
BriarRose
ModGod(ess)
ModGod(ess)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:51 am

Hi! 100 to SIF2!

I lost quite afew friends and family members and I know how hard it is Sad

I hope your ok and I'll see you around the forum!

hug1
Owen
Undead Rogue/Owner
Undead Rogue/Owner

View user profile http://sifriends.forum.co.ee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top